2017-10-09

Euclid and MCMC

I did some work on the (NYC) long weekend on two projects. In the first, I built some code to make possible observing strategies for the in-flight self-calibration program for ESA Euclid. Stephanie Wachter (MPIA) contacted me to discuss strategies and metrics for self-calibration quality. I wrote code, but realized that I ought to be able to deliver a sensible metric for deciding on dither strategy. This all relates to this old paper.

On Monday I discussed our nearly-finished MCMC paper with Dan Foreman-Mackey (Flatiron) and we decided to finish it for submission to the AAS Journals. I spent time working through the current draft and reformatting it for submission. There is lots to do, but maybe I can complete it this coming week?

No comments:

Post a Comment